Wednesday 4 June 2014

OSAZE : I HAVE A LOT TO PROVE IN BRAZIL



















Super Eagles striker,Peter Osaze Odemwingie has revealed he wants to make the best of his return to the Eagles nest at the World Cup.


Odemwingie has had difficulties in both club and international football in recent years and admitted that he has a point to prove this summer.  He said: "I do. And I don’t want to go to Brazil, leaving my family – Noah, my son, a newborn baby, Theo, and Sarah, my wife – at home alone and go through the motions.

"I want to go there and, every minute I get to play, whether I start or don’t start, make the best out of it, because the moment leaving my family at the door, looking at me waving, was a bit emotional."

Odemwingie is also hoping the Super Eagles can emulate Ghana exploits four years ago.
The Super Eagles will be in group F alongside Argentina, Bosnia-Herzegovina and Iran  and Odemwingie wants Nigeria to follow Ghana’s quarter-final effort in South Africa.

They were controversially stopped by Uruguay in the last eight, Luis Suarez’s hand denying them what would have been a late extra-time winner, with Asamoah Gyan missing the subsequent penalty before Ghana lost on spot-kicks.

“I look at Ghana in the last World Cup and they almost got to the semi-final and if you look at the names of the players, they’re not any better than our team we have today,” Odemwingie told The Guardian.

“They succeeded with their work ethic, with their determination, and Asamoah Gyan was in good form. So hopefully we can better our previous outings.”

No comments:

Post a Comment